Distinguished national security and non-proliferation experts offer policy recommendations
WASHINGTON, DC, UNITED STATES, August 18, 2022 — On Wednesday, August 17, 2022, the National Council of Resistance of Iran – U.S. Representative Office (NCRI-US), held a conference on Iran on the 20th anniversary of its 2002 groundbreaking revelation of the secret Natanz nuclear site in Iran.
A distinguished array of national security and non-proliferation experts addressed the current state of the Iranian regime’s nuclear weapons program, Ebrahim Raisi’s agenda and scorecard after one year in office, and options for an effective Iran policy.
- Honorable Joseph Lieberman, former United States senator from Connecticut
- Ambassador John Bolton, former National Security Advisor, former Undersecretary of State for Arms Control and International Security, former U.S. Ambassador to the UN
- Ambassador Robert Joseph, former Undersecretary of State for Arms Control and International Security
- Dr. Olli Heinonen, former Deputy Director General, International Atomic Energy Agency; Distinguished Fellow, Stimson Center
- General Chuck Wald, former Deputy Commander of U.S European Command
- Mr. James Rosen, Chief White House Correspondent, Newsmax (moderator)
- Ms. Soona Samsami, U.S. Representative, National Council of Resistance of Iran
- Mr. Alireza Jafarzadeh, Deputy Director, Washington Office, NCRI
Highlights of the Conference
On August 14, 2002, the main Iranian opposition movement, the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI) – relying on the detailed information obtained by the network of its principal member, the MEK, inside Iran – revealed the existence of a secret nuclear site in Natanz, central Iran. The revelation triggered the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) inspections of the Iranian nuclear sites for the first time. Twenty years later, it is evident that the nuclear program of Iran has always been a nuclear weapons project.
The revelation of Natanz by the NCRI was groundbreaking, because:
- Led to the start of the IAEA monitoring of all exposed nuclear sites of Iran, which has continued to date.
- Shed light on the whole nuclear weapons program.
- Was followed up with several other revelation to provide a comprehensive picture of Tehran’s nuclear weapons program.
- Led to six UN Security Council resolutions on Iran.
- Helped save the world from the ability of the world’s leading state sponsor of terrorism to arm itself with a nuclear bomb, a potential disaster of colossal consequence.
- Showed the depth and breadth of the network of the Iranian Resistance inside Iran.
- U.S. Leaders Speak About the Natanz Revelation MORE…
- Statements and Remarks By the NCRI President-Elect Mrs. Maryam Rajavi, Emphasizing a Non-Nuclear Iran MORE…